Sunday, June 10, 2012

7.

We cannot believe that we are seven days away from really starting our lives together. It seems completely unreal and crazy and we feel like we are living a dream! M is working second shift at the moment, so her days are really flying by. More so than mine, that's for sure. Mine are going quickly, too, but I'm not quite as occupied as she is. Granted, I have all the packing and cleaning to take care of, but I feel like that makes time drag sometimes. But, we are a week away. We never thought we would get this close- as odd as that might sound! Haha. It just always seemed like something we were looking forward to, in the distant future. Now, it's almost here!

I've been dealing with some personal health issues that are making this preparation a bit more difficult than it needs to be. Without going into a lot of detail (the Internet is public, after all), I've been on some medication for about three years that I've recently come off of. The withdraw (or is it withdrawal? I can never decide!) has been terrible. I have honestly never felt this bad. I feel very weak and fatigued, and am dealing with some other issues as well. It makes the physical act of packing and cleaning very difficult. I basically just feel like shit 90% of the time. I read up on some ways to help the symptoms, but haven't found anything that's really helped. This can last for months, and I'm really REALLY hoping that doesn't happen for me! Fingers crossed.

Back to a happier note, I feel about 75% done with preparing for this move. Craigslist has been my best friend. I've sold a lot of things and it feels awesome to simplify. It's a great feeling to just get rid of STUFF. I still have some big pieces of furniture that need to sell, and I'm hoping that I can lower the price enough that someone will come get them in the next couple of days! I got rid of my kitchen appliances today, and realized that I bought three packages of Lean Pockets and have no microwave to cook them in! Oven it is, I guess. 30 minutes for a Lean Pocket hardly seems worth it! Haha. But it is what it is. 

On a completely unrelated note, I've been enjoying chicktips on Tumblr. (By the way, I signed up for Tumblr but don't really get it yet! Anyone care to explain?!) A lot of it doesn't apply to me (lots of boyfriend thoughts!), but a lot of it applies to anyone! So, here's a parting thought.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Quite fitting, don't you think?





1 comment:

  1. Great blog! My love and I made the move from Nebraska to Chicago a year ago and it was quite the adventure! Hope the move went well!

    ReplyDelete