Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Closing the Distance

My babylove will be here in a short TEN days to whisk me away! I can't believe it. I feel like every step in our relationship has been leading up to this well-anticipated moment. Neither of us can believe that the day is so close. I don't know when it's actually going to sink in. In Melissa's words, probably "when you never leave!" :)

It is going to be a wonderful adjustment getting used to being able to see and hold and kiss each other every single day. Right now, it's something that we yearn for in vain. It's something we both miss so painfully, that neither of us can believe that it's no longer going to be an issue. I will wake up to her, fall asleep in her arms, come home from work to her... all of the normal, mundane things that some people take for granted. Trust me- I do NOT take it for granted, and hope that I never do. Each day that we will get to spend together, for the rest of our lives, is a tremendous gift. It's a gift that I don't even know that I deserve!

We will be documenting our mini road trip with lots of pictures (finally!) and I hope to write about it as it happens so we don't forget a thing. It'll be a short drive, when we compare it to the year and a half that we've been waiting for this day! Just 24 hours and 1400 miles to cross and then my baby will welcome me home.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment