Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting Ready!

I'm off work for the summer and so I've had plenty of time to plan, plot and think about the upcoming trip. Oh, and occasionally do some packing. I tend to get very overwhelmed with all of this, so it's been moving at a slow pace. I can be a bit messy by nature, so the packing aspect is not really my favorite part of a move.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not coming along as quickly as it should be!

Meanwhile, Melissa is at work everyday and I keep her busy on her breaks by blowing up her phone!

We are a mere TEN days away from Melissa's flight! She'll be landing around 10 AM, and we will be busy bees all day. We will have to pack up the car and clean the apartment, as well as drop off my keys to the complex manager. We will spend some quality time together and attempt to mask our excitement for the journey long enough to get some much-needed sleep. Monday morning, we can't leave until about 10 in the morning, and the first leg of our trip promises to be a long one. We will have my cat, Coda, who is going to live with Melissa's best friend in Georgia. :(( Very very sad about this, but she has three large dogs who would love to have him as a snack, so there wasn't much of a choice in the matter. He's going to be well taken care of, but I'm going to miss my little man! So the first day is all about getting us to Georgia. It is about a 13 hour drive without stops, so we are planning on at least 14. Thank goodness there are two of us to share the driving.

When we arrive in Georgia, it'll be the middle of the night. We'll spend a little time with her friend and let Coda roam around his new home. I'm really hoping he adjusts quickly, because the goodbye is going to be bad already! We will leave Georgia the next day, probably not very early. Then, we have about 11 hours to go until we get to Michigan.

It's going to be a challenging couple of days, but we are excited for our first Kay and Liss road trip! Not so excited about sharing the radio, however! We plan to take lots of pictures and maybe even a video or two, and those will be posted as soon as I get settled into my new home!  


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)
    What an incredible journey you're about to make!! How exciting!
    I look forward to following your road trip. I do miss those. Living on an island makes it hard to "trip". lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would imagine so, about living on an island. I wouldn't mind it for a little while but I would definitely miss the sense of travel freedom! :)

      Delete
  2. Your road trip sounds so exciting! Enjoy!!! We also look forward to following your Road Trip! Cor and I are planning a road trip next year when we relocate to the west coast! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, the pressure is on to provide you all with exciting road trip events! Haha :) Thanks!!

      Delete